Blog Description

Just a compilation of recipes I've tried and liked. I used to keep them on scratch pieces of paper but now I have an exploring baby who continues to find my stash. Some recipes aren't very precise, forgive me.

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Judah Pot Roast

This is Joel's favorite version of pot roast. It's a little different from the other recipe I've posted.

Ingredients
1 Sirloin Roast (this type does the best for me)
flour
2 long green onions (I'm sure they have another name)
1 medium sweet onion
1 cup beef broth
olive oil
3 garlic cloves chopped

Dust roast with flour, salt and pepper. Cover bottom of oven safe pan with olive oil and allow to heat to med-high heat. Then brown roast on both sides. Add a tablespoon or so of flour to hot oil in bottom of the pan. (This starts the gravy). Cut green onions with scissors onto the roast, add garlic cloves and large slices of the sweet onion. Add about a teaspoon of red wine vinegar to the roast and 1 cup of beef broth. Heat oven to 325 degrees and cook covered (I use my dutch oven for this and it works great for browning on the stove and then cooking in the oven~all in one pan!) for at least 2 hours. Watch the drippings in the bottom of the pan as it will turn brown making a very very good gravy. Once the meat is done, take the meat out of the pan and warm up the drippings and add 1/2 to 1 cup water and a couple of tablespoons of flour to make additional gravy.

No comments:

Post a Comment